Robert and Nona Carr Collection
Robert G. Carr (1895-1978) was an oil operator and a member of the U.S. Air Force, serving in both world wars and instrumental in bringing Goodfellow Air Force Base to San Angelo in 1940. Robert and Nona Carr were longtime benefactors of Angelo State University and established an ROTC scholarship program and an academic scholarship program. The Carr Education-Fine Arts Building and Carr Hall (a dormitory) were named in their honor. The collection contains personal memorabilia and photographs, Air Force photographs and citations, and a photographic scrapbook from San Angelo Army Air Field.