Brady Aviation School, Curtis Field Collection
West Texas Collection
MetadataShow full item record
Curtis Field, today the home of the municipal airport, was located in McCulloch County, TX and was named for the mayor of Brady, Harry L. Curtis, who proposed the site. Construction began in November 1940. A primary flying school was moved from Love Field in Dallas to Curtis Field. Classes began in March 1941. As many as 500 students were enrolled at one time and an estimated some 10,000 graduated there. The field was closed in August 1945. Negatives cover the period of 1944-45 and are described individually in the finding aid.