Junior League Historic Survey of San Angelo Collection
West Texas Collection
MetadataShow full item record
The Junior League was started as the Young Women’s Service League; the name was changed in about 1957. In 1984, the Junior League of San Angelo voted to match a grant offered by the Texas Historical Commission for the purpose of surveying historically and architecturally significant sites and structures. Historic Resources of San Angelo, Texas was completed in 1985. Several sites are now listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Washington, D.C., including Lone Wolf Bridge, the Tom Green County Courthouse, and various other structures. The collection consists of three books on the organization’s work.